The World's Best Hang Gliding and Paragliding Cross Country Routes
Learn how to fly the best hang gliding and paragliding sites in the world – from the Dormillouse Run in St. Andres Les Alps, France to the Bingara Run in Manilla, Australia. Classic Routes includes:
- Thermal-by-thermal route maps
- World class photography
- Brilliant writing
- Edited by Bob Drury, Himalayan paragliding pioneer and Cross Country magazine editor 2005-2010
It is “our XC bible,” says photographer Jérôme Maupoint, author of Stolen Moments and Stolen Moments 2.
Classic Routes contains step-by-step instructions on how to fly 20 of the best cross country sites in the world. Learn from the pilots who know these routes best:
- Complete the Grand Tour du Lac at Annecy, France with JC Skiera
- Find Piedrahita's famous convergence with Bob Drury
- Fly the Dolomites and topland the Marmolada with Felix Wolk
- Explore the Green Wall route in Nepal with Adam Hill
- Fly the Indian Himalayas, from Bir to Dharamsala with Jim Mallinson
- Go 133km in Porterville, South Africa with Greg Hamerton
- Cover 100km from Governador Valadares, Brazil with Jocky Sanderson
- Ride the ridges in Lake Elsinore, California with Mitch McAleer
- Fly Sun Valley, Idaho with Nate Scales
- Go 100km in Golden, Canada with Will Gadd
- Race an FAI triangle Austria's famous Zillertal Valley with Kelly Farina
- Fly 100km in the flatlands from Combe Gibbet England with Hugh Miller
- Complete a giant 200km FAI triangle starting from Fiesch, Switzerland with Roland Mader
- Run from Mount Olympus to the Point of the Mountain in Utah with Nick Greece
- and a half dozen more!
This hardback book is a large format coffee-table style book with beautiful full color photographs.10" x 12" hardback, 192pp, 2010 ed.