Mastering Paragliding is a new approach to learning to fly cross country by paragliding guide Kelly Farina. Kelly approaches pilot progression in a systematic, logical way. From understanding the basics of glider handling to thermalling techniques and high-level cross-country advice, he breaks the sport down into manageable stages with achievable goals.
- Mastering the basics: learning to fly smoothly, consistently and confidently
- Thermalling well: the 4/90 rule, thermal etiquette and gaggle flying
- How to plan a cross-country route and fly it successfully
- Valley winds explained, including where and where not to fly
- An in-depth exploration of how to fly the mountains
- High level flying: how to fly efficiently and fast
- Meteorology for pilots, including cloud assessment and the Föhn
- Thermal formation, restitution and inversions
- Real-life practical flying case studies in the Alps and Dolomites
- How to structure your learning and progress quickly using the Pyramid of Progression
9.5" x 6.5" softcover, 240pp, 2016 ed.